A LIFETIME OF PUBLIC SERVICE, TO MY COUNTRY, MY STATE, AND NOW TO MY COUNTY.

Friday, September 28, 2012

AN INDEPENDENT IS RUNNING FOR CROOK COUNTY JUDGE!

I am FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE, AGGRESSIVELY PRO BUSINESS, and ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE.

I will be a new challenger in November since I was successful in my bid to obtain the Independent Party of Oregon's nomination for the Crook County Judge position.

I'd like to highlight here some of the aspects of my past life and work that uniquely qualify me for this important leadership position in Crook County.

I retired in 1992 from a 27 year career with the Oregon State Police, during which I was the State Police Academy Commander in Monmouth, moving on to General Headquarters in Research and Development, Internal Investigations, Management Audits, Legislative tracking, Public Information Officer, Professional Standards.  I was a principal instructor in Oregon Laws and Court Procedures, Vicarious Liability, Motivational and Evaluation Techniques.

I have successfully and aggressively run a BUSINESS in Kauaii, increasing their income via electronic fund transfers from about $1000 a month to over $5000 a month in only three months, with no marketing money, illustrating how effective a fiscal conservative can be.

I was the first Chairman of the Oregon State Games, the statewide Oregon Olympics, managing all aspects of the games, encompassing all counties in the state.  In my second year, I was a member of the Executive Committee.

After retirement, I managed the Nutrition and Fitness program for the College of Legal Arts in Portland, teaching there for six years.

Locally in Crook County, I was instrumental in obtaining the bulk of the funds which allowed the Powell Butte Community Center to be completed. I was Chairman in 2005 and am currently a board member of the Powell Butte Farmer's Community Club.

I was also Chairman of the Polk County SW Fire District budget committee.

I was appointed by the Oregon Department of Education to the Drug and Alcohol Advisory Committee for the State of Oregon.

I was awarded a Federal Certificate from the Safety and Health Council for supporting the joint advancement of occupational safety and health within the Federal Government.

Training of record: I completed the Northwestern's 350 hours management training on Staff and Command through BPST.

I'm proud of my service in the United States Navy, receiving Honorman of my Company during basic training over 40 others in my company.

I'm looking forward to talking with those of you from all parties in Crook County.  I'm seeking your support in November for the Crook County Court Judge position.

No comments: